Zalfany's Blog
10/10/2004
  Will I ever grow old? ;-)
Meet at least three new Indonesians today. * excerpt, NOT word-by-word accurate, but the whole context of the conversation is preserved * -- ONE ---------------- A: I am A, I am from Chiba. Me: I'm Zalfany. I am from Tokodai here in Tokyo. A: An undergraduate student? Me: * grin * Well ... actually I am starting my PhD study this October. -- turn out that A is graduated from high school at the same time as me -- -- TWO ---------------- Me: Just came to Japan? B: Yes, actually it was a week ago. Me: Joining what program? B: I am an exchange student at Todai. I am from UGM, class of 2001. Me: I am at Tokodai, starting my PhD study just this month. B: Waa.. I thought you're at the same age as I am ... Me: * grin * He.. he.. I am at least 5 years older than you ... -- THREE -------------- (Talking to C, a senior at Tokodai, to whom I've only met once before, and never had a chance to talk) Me: I am starting my doctorate study this October. C: You do not look old enough to be a PhD student. Me: * grin * [Thinking: "Hello .. hello .. I am 25 and will be 26 next month. Even my will-be colleague in my PhD research is a year younger than me!!"] Those stories are very typical of me :-). Been always BLESSED with a 'delayed-physical-development' of my body. Blessed, because like about four months ago when I joined a bunch of newly graduated high school students from Riau, I can pretend that I am one of them and nobody seems to disagree :-D. Will I ever grow look older than who I am? ;-) [not that I am discontent with this, as long as I am mentally well-developed; well-matured, I will still have more than enough reason to always be grateful to Allah SWT.]
 
Comments:
Maturity is a state of mind, not a state of physical being. Oh darn.. I guess you don't have that either... :P
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Zalfany Urfianto - Indonesian, Muslim, Student - Tokyo, Japan This blog contains anything that I consider interesting, mostly from the news I read on the net.

Name:
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Student at Tokyo Institute of Technology. Badly need advice on time-management ;-). Have been living in Malang (ID), Bandung (ID), Stockholm (SE), and Eindhoven (NL). In Tokyo (JP) since May 2004.

Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]